Sales Executive – Jewson Builders Merchants - Covering the Reading area
Are you a confident negotiator that enjoys communicating at all levels? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
Jewson Builders Merchants are currently recruiting for a talented Sales Executive to join their dedicated sales team.
Join the Jewson Sales team and you’ll build productive and profitable relationships with your customers in the area. This will mean getting out an about visiting building sites - ensuring existing customers have all the right products at the right time, and getting in front of potential customers to sell our services and forge new relationships.
What will I be doing in the role?
- Identify and secure new customers accounts in the geographical area covered to ensure on-going sales/target achievement.
- Manage the performance (sales and margin) of customers contained in the designated portfolio, to ensure that budget/targets are achieved.
- Maximise all sales opportunities for Jewson
- Continually review, evaluate and build upon your own performance
- You will ensure product knowledge is continually up to date
What do we look for in a Field Sales Executive?
- As this role will involve regular travel, a driving Licence is essential.
- Candidates must be articulate, numerate, well presented and able to negotiate at all levels from site manager to senior buyer.
- If you have knowledge of the builders industry and our products so much the better.
- A self-starter, who requires the minimum of supervision, has a persuasive manner and who thrives on a challenge.
- An organised, enthusiastic team player
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary, plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A company car, laptop, mobile phone
- Genuine career progression opportunities with Saint Gobain's 32+ brands.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you’re up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.