Part Time Training Manager
We Love Pets is an award-winning franchise on the rapidly growing pet services market. We are looking for a training manager to work 3 days a week at our head office in Norfolk, designing a training programme for franchisees and staff and delivering the training.
The position is permanent, and the successful candidate will be responsible for working with our franchisees to develop their performance and drive long term business growth through training. You will need previous experience in coaching and training.
- The role will be mostly office based, in Beccles, Norfolk (near Norwich)
- Some travel around the UK to support franchisees, every 6 months.
- Some travel to Wiltshire to deliver training, every 6 months.
Salary and benefits
- pro rata £30,000
- Performance related bonus
- Travel expenses
- 5 weeks holiday
- CPD plan
- Work with We Love Pets directors to deliver strategic goals of WLP franchise.
- Maintain constant and open communication between head office and franchisees to ensure training is provided for branches to hit service and financial KPIs.
- Identify development needs for the franchisees and design, develop and deliver blended training solutions to meet the business needs (including face to face workshops, webinars, and online curated learning).
- Evaluate ongoing learning interventions and demonstrate return on investment to the business
- Delivery of the We Love Pets Corporate Induction
- Hold reviews and report to Directors
Degree/diploma level (essential), learning and development or coaching qualification, for example CIPD or business related qualification (desirable).
Experience of working:
- Have experience in a training role
- Proven successful delivery of training.
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring people, both remotely and office based.
- Proven results for improving business performance.
- Experience in reporting and measuring against KPIs.
- Experience in presenting to large audiences as well as delivering presentations and training to small groups.
- Knowledge of the franchise business model.
- Fully IT literate including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to demonstrate added value to an organisation.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Self-motivated, assertive and confident.
- Ability to work on own initiative with franchisees and as part of the head office team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to deliver internal and external business presentations.
- Strong coaching capability
- Commitment to own professional and personal development.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Must be willing to travel
- Some overnight stays in the UK may be required but we can be flexible for the right candidate to organise their own dairy, and agree on what suits best for both parties.
Interviews held early November.