Human Resources Manager - Flexible working
Flexible about working hours and times, and could include some home working.
Family Support has been created to help Hammersmith and Fulham children, young people and their families thrive. We want you to contribute to this success. Created in April 2018 we are in the midst of an exciting opportunity for an HR professional to help shape the culture for staff in the future.
You will be responsible for providing advice and support to line managers and staff to ensure that HR processes are implemented consistently, and performance is maximised.
About the role
This is a varied role which encompasses a full generalist remit;
- including acting as the first point of contact for all ER and payroll issues,
- supporting and coaching line managers, assisting the Senior Management Team with changes such as re-organisations and TUPE transfers;
- and coordinating and leading on payroll issues including maintaining the Payroll/HR database.
- You will continue the work to review policies and practices to ensure that this matches the aims and culture that Family Support wishes to engender.
- You will assist to develop the HR Strategy and future direction of HR practices.
- To be successful you will need to be a self-sufficient, self-starting HR professional, with a can-do mindset. You will be able to build strong relationships with colleagues and resilient enough to meet the challenges presented by the organisation as it develops.
This is a challenging role so you must be able to demonstrate that you are able to work independently. You will be CIPD qualified with proven generalist HR experience, particularly in employee relations and change. You will have a good knowledge of employment legislation with an understanding of how to mitigate risk and how changes in legislation impact Policies and Procedures.
We are flexible in work locations and there will be occasions where you will need to travel as part of the role within the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
We are flexible about working hours and times. We have in mind a 25-hour working week; how that is worked is negotiable and could include some home working. There may also be the opportunity in the future to extend working hours if this was desirable for both parties.
If this sounds like the right environment for you don't hesitate to apply.
Please see the Job description and Job selection criteria documents attached.
Closing Date: Sunday 7th October.
We are committed to equality of opportunity.