Front End Developer - flexible/part-time working available
Would you like to join our software development team in London solving real world problems in the built environment?
Project examples include:
• Building insight tools that help City Mayors deal with complex resilience problems in their cities.
• Working with engineers building tools that interface with IOT solutions so that tenants can interact with Smart Buildings.
• Working with our environmental and transport consultants helping to design analytics dashboard to minimise the impacts of new transport schemes.
Shape your time with us - Flexible working opportunities
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Working for the Arup Digital as a Frontend Web Developer is an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience. You will feel a great camaraderie with your immediate colleagues in Product Design, Software Development, Cloud Engineering and Data Analytics, and this will extend to working alongside Arup's world leading professionals in engineering design and consultancy working together to solve real world problems and discover new opportunities to shape a better world.
Working with an established team of developers, analysts, designers and project managers, you will;
• Contribute to creating innovative solutions for real world problems
• Help architect new solutions, write code for complex challenges and mentor more junior staff to help them understand how to solve their own technical problems.
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in web technology and be open to experimenting with them.
• Work broadly across the business on multiple projects at any given time.
Essential skills and experience
• Best-practice development techniques, Git / Agile
• Experience in a technical adviser role on projects
• Experience leading projects and mentoring/supporting junior developers
• Experience mentoring/supporting junior developers
• Data visualisation, D3.js
• Data processing, Python
• Relational databases, SQL
Arup is an employee-owned global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
To apply for the role, please click the following link once you click on the Apply button.