Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: London, UK
Start date: October 2018
Duration: Permanent; full-time or part-time.
We are a small, dedicated team that is passionate about what it is doing and works hard to ensure our organisation punches above its weight. We are looking for an enthusiastic and positive Operations Manager to provide logistical and administrative support to strengthen us as we grow. You will relish a varied to-do list and will thrive on improving efficiency and operational systems. We are flexible about how this role is structured; you might have a wealth of commercial based experience and be looking for a flexible part time role in the third sector, or you might be newer in the field and keen to develop your skills full time.
Background: We are a Libyan and international independent non-governmental organisation, committed to achieving justice and respect for human rights in Libya. Our vision is of a Libya which embodies the values and principles of human rights and the rule of law and is a society committed to justice. We seek justice in Libya through advocacy and outreach, accountability, transitional justice initiatives and capacity building, underpinned by our own independent research.
We are recruiting an Operations Manager for our London office. As Operations Manager, you will provide logistical and administrative support to LFJL’s programme and management teams. In particular, you will take the lead on preparations for organisational speaking and training events both in the UK and abroad and will be responsible for the administration of our online databases. You will be comfortable using key IT software packages, administering organisational processes such as payroll and auto-enrolment, and monitoring project expenditure to support financial reporting. You will be highly organised, articulate and confident when dealing with third parties in person, by phone or by email. Committed to LFJL’s values and mission statement, you will play a key role in our organisation, working across our teams to support project delivery as well as to implement policies and systems to strengthen the organisation as a whole as we grow and enter our next phase. As the Operations Manager, you will report to the Director and Director of Programmes.
Responsibilities: You will work with LFJL’s programme teams and management to provide logistical and administrative support. This will include:
- Supporting coordination of workshops and other events by, for example, organising international travel and compiling materials;
- Overseeing the implementation of our internal policies and processes, including in relation to Human Resources and the General Data Protection Regulation;
- Acting as the main point of contact for administrative third parties such as building management;
- Ensuring the smooth running of office equipment and supplies (including liaising with IT support contractors and other support providers);
- Working with the Director of Programmes to ensure the prompt payment, filing and reconciliation of invoices including for payroll and pension auto-enrolment;
- Working with the Director and Director of Programmes to ensure regulatory commitments (for example with the Charity Commission and Companies House) are met;
- Travelling for workshops, meetings and conferences to support programme activities;
- Supporting programme staff with project budget management;
- Maintaining our website in cooperation with programme and communications staff; and
- Carrying out any other duties to support our activities.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Relevant qualification or apprenticeship.
- Relevant work experience is required.
Skills and knowledge
- Experience providing logistical support to event coordination;
- Good knowledge of key IT packages and accounting software;
- Confident and comfortable dealing with a variety of third parties;
- Willingness to use initiative, work independently and think creatively;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Interest in human rights; and
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is essential.
- Understanding of Arabic is an asset.
Pay will be determined subject to your experience and qualifications. Work pattern to be negotiated based on your circumstances and our organisational needs.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter specifying your interest in this position and LFJL to email@example.com by 8 October 2018. Please also include names and contact details of two referees.