Area Director - Newport
Area Director, Retail Banking and Wealth Management (Newport Area)
Some careers shine brighter than others. If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options; you can progress to senior management or specialise in other areas such as strategy, planning or design. We also have national and global opportunities in Risk, Marketing, HR, IT, Commercial banking to name a few.
This role offers an attractive reward package, flexible benefits, pension and employee discounts. In this role, you will:
• Lead HSBC branches and teams from across the Networks, Wealth & Premier business lines to provide a range of services to HSBC customers, supporting every life events, from opening an account, going to university, saving and buying a new home, to retirement.
• Create and encourage a positive, forward-thinking team inspired by Excellence, Customer Value & Service Delivery
• Pro-actively drive regional and area activity and act as a line manager to the areas retail branch managers to provide strategic direction and delivery of superior service within the area and region for both our customers and people
• Provide essential strategic, pragmatic and inspiration leadership / coaching to motivate and develop the area team
• Work effectively alongside key members of the regional team with prime accountability for contribution towards regional performance
• Lead the way in the regional implementation of our Customer First culture whilst operating a risk awareness network to manage conduct and operational risk
• Manage operational risk ensuring compliance with in/external regulation and requirements.
• Treat Customers Fairly at the heart of all that you do.
Qualifications. To be successful in it would be desirable if you meet the following requirements:
• Proven, progressive and broad-based retail banking experience or equivalent and proven ability of team leadership, performance management and coaching high-performance teams.
• Knowledge of regulations impacting personal financial services activities & have led best practise in Risk & Compliance management.
• A track record of identifying and delivering strategic business plans proven to have improved business effectiveness in sustainable ways.
• Proven experience of leading & motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results.
• Experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
• Dealt effectively with highly complex commercial information and business challenges to create strategic business plans which effectively deliver results.
• Applicants should be nationally mobile however the greatest proportion of their time will be spent in their own area.
• ACIB or equivalent professional / retail qualification is desirable but not essential. .
Ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not required or essential
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies. Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.