Market Data Analyst - Environmental (part time)
ROLE & REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Job Title: Market Data Analyst - Environmental
Location: Home based, to be located in Avon, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, East Wales with occasional travel to offices in Somerset and Gloucestershire
Work pattern: Part time 20 – 30 hrs per week (to be discussed with candidates).
A flexible allocation of hours (including consideration of school holidays), based upon core hours, to meet the requirements of workload, client deadlines and travel.
Responsible to: Chris Jonas, Tolvik Director
Responsible for: None
Interactions: Tolvik Colleagues, Tolvik Clients and project sponsors
Tolvik associates, both UK and international (mainly EU)
- To maintain existing and develop new data sources of information that are to be utilised by Tolvik in consultancy reports provided to Clients. The reports are relevant to the waste, resource management, energy and recycling sectors, including macro economic and sector specific environmental information.
- To lead Tolvik’s capability in data rich mapping graphics and various other infographics to enhance the visual quality of Tolvik’s outputs.
- To become an expert within the Tolvik team for preparation and presentation of data, tables, graphics and maps for inclusion in reports and presentations.
- To learn, develop and maintain a good understanding of the markets that Tolvik provide constancy and advisory services within, including developing a network of contacts and sources of bespoke and relevant information.
- To be a competent and capable user of mapping software, eg GIS or equivalent, for integrating data files with mapping software to produce high quality maps for reports and presentations.
- High level of attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and quality of output from the report readers perspective.
- To be very competent in the use of key Microsoft office products for the development of high quality reports and presentations.
- To be competent in managing and presenting data in Excel, in particular to graphs, charts and pivot tables.
- To enjoy investigative elements of data research to seek out bespoke and relevant data to Tolvik projects.
- To have excellent report writing skills and be competent in proof reading documents drafted by colleagues.
- To work closely and flexibly as required by a small business to ensure clients receive reports and work as required.
- To be self motivated, with strong initiative that is required for the home working aspects of the role.
- To work with other Tolvik colleagues to develop models and tools to evaluate new business lines and other market based analysis reports.
- To provide a forwarded looking, proactive attitude in assessing new and on-going opportunities and initiatives.
- You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities. You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in your employment contract, H&S Policy, and any procedures advised to you from time to time. Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good working knowledge of inforgraphic tools Interest in the environment sector High level of working knowledge in using Microsoft office applications, Word, Excel, Powerpoint in particular
Previous experience of developing infographics Waste management and recycling sector knowledge
- Energetic, self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines and constantly juggle priorities. Well organised and logical thinker with good project management skills. Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team. Calm under pressure. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Resilience, drive and tenacity to completing tasks
Fluent in a European language
- Experience of working in a commercial environment with interactions with internal and external stakeholders. Experience in completing assignments to a specific timeframe, eg written projects, tender submissions.
Previous employment in environmental consultancy or waste business
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline or similar level through experience. Full driving licence.
Apply for Market Data Analyst - Environmental (part time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly