Deputy Director of Security
InfoSec Search is excited to be working with Government Digital Service (GDS), a part of the Cabinet Office, in the search for a new Deputy Director of Security.
This is an opportunity to own and deliver both the internal and external information security strategies for the central department leading the digital transformation of government. GDS works collaboratively within government to harness the power of technology to do things digitally and deliver public services that are simpler, clearer and faster to use and more efficient to run. A greenfield role, information security is a vital component of this wider deliverable which you will own.
The majority of your time will be focused on the external element of this role, working with the Cabinet Office security team and NCSC to ensure existing and emerging security principles and standards are reflected in the implementation of government digital transformation.
Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills will be required to ensure strong relationships are formed and maintained with security leaders across government. In addition, you will assure and secure the DGS internal estate effectively, working with technology and leadership teams in delivering a robust security strategy.
Essential experience relevant to this position includes:
- Leading the security function of a large organization with complex environments and services.
- Managing the security strategy of a digital business with a background in understanding how cyber-attacks and cyber fraud are carried out
- Experience of the full information security lifecycle relating directly to modern digital / cloud-based services and delivery processes including Agile processes
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Forming excellent relationships with the wider Government transformation and security community including the UK Security and Intelligence Communities
Desirable skills include:
- Historical experience working with or within government departments and security services
- A hands-on technical security background within delivery and operations
- Experience of large-scale Government transformation and its security and fraud implications
- Working at, or reporting into, Board level in a Security Leadership role
GDS are seeking a strong, visionary security leader who understands the challenges in delivering an effective digital strategy incorporating information security across government. You will have ideally worked in a Head of Information Security, CISO or CSO advisory position for a large technology supplier or outsource partner into Government. You must be willing and able to undergo UK Security Clearance procedures for this position.
Applications will close 9am on Monday 29th October 2018. If you are interested in the position, please send the following for consideration
- a copy of your CV and a statement of suitability describing how you best meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role (limited to two sides of A4)
Please send your details for consideration to InfoSec Search
For more information about the role or recruitment process please contact Chris Dunning-Walton at InfoSec Search.
Apply for Deputy Director of Security
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly