Qualified Social Worker- Adult Hospital Team
Qualified Social Worker Locum – Adult Hospital Team – Barrow, Cumbria
We are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker to work on a locum contract for a local authority in Barrow working within the Hospital Discharge Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in adult services and be registered with the HCPC. This position is suited to someone looking for a change in environment with the lakes district a stone’s throw away.
Duties, Responsibilities & Candidate
· To ensure the needs of service users, who meet eligibility criteria, are met in an appropriate way which promotes independence and well-being and achieves best value.
· In a designated patch or hospital, be responsible for assessing individual adult’s needs, under the terms of the NHS and Community Care Act 1990, working jointly with health professionals and in liaison with service providers.
· On the basis of assessed needs, arrange, develop and purchase individual packages of care - which are then monitored and reviewed.
· To provide a social care perspective, within a multidisciplinary setting, to address the needs of adults and safeguard adults, including those with mental health problems, in both the community and hospital, under the terms of the NHS and Community Care Act 1990, the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended by the Mental Health Act 2007) and other relevant legislation.
· Carrying out Adult Safeguarding investigations, Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Decisions
The hourly rate is £32.00 per hour limited.
In order to be considered for this position you must be a HCPC / Care Council Registered Qualified Social Worker with relevant post qualifying experience.
How to Apply
To find out more or to apply for this position please apply through this advert, if you would like further information about this or other opportunities then please call Maria in confidence on 0121 516 3987or email Maria@auroraresourcing.co.uk
Aurora Resourcing are an equal opportunities and equality recruitment agency