Qualified Social Care Worker- Mental Health Team- Newham
Responsibilities of the role:-
- To undertake assertive outreach In order to engage clients who have previously been lost to follow up, do not wish to engage with services and for whom there is concern.
- To visit clients at home, day centres, work and recreational centres to engage and encourage services participation in their care plan.
- To act as a CPA Care Co-ordinator for up to 12 service users, taking responsibility for ensuring the delivery of all relevant services.
- To act as a service users advocate where necessary, as well as supporting service users in accessing appropriate independent advocacy services.
- To ensure that services offered are responsive to all needs of users, including their religious, cultural and linguistic needs, and the needs of disabled service users
- To ensure that users have access to translation and interpretation services, and the Braille and signing facilities are made available as appropriate.
- To attend multi-disciplinary case conference and reviews, as appropriate, identifying the individual needs of service users, recommending appropriate packages of care, ensuring that service users and carers are supported in making a full contribution to the meeting.
- To participate fully in the development and maintenance of good liaison, co-ordination and co-operation with the local community, community groups, other agencies and on-statutory organisations, including outreach work as appropriate.
- To attend both clinical and management supervision sessions, as required, and accept guidance and advice, as necessary.
- To keep abreast of legislation, national guidelines and Newham Community Mental Health Services policies and procedures.
- To act as an appropriate adult under PACE 1984 for service users held in custody.
- To negotiate with DSS and housing agencies on behalf of assertive outreach service users.
- To undertake Mental Health Act assessments.
- To complete MHRT reports and attend hearings where appropriate.
To be considered for this role you must have: -
- A degree or higher in Social Work
- Valid DBS required
- Hold a full HCPC registration
- Two years post graduate experience in a Mental Health Team
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Why work for Badenoch and Clark Social Care: -
- We are part of the Adecco Group so have access to many QSW vacancies
- 10yrs experience as a specialist social work recruiter
- Ability to move locations and roles
- Dedicated Recruitment Consultant one point of contact
- Free compliance service
- Flexibility of contracts offered
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - £200 for each referral (subject to term)
To discuss this role or any other Qualified Social Worker jobs please contact Josh Sharpe at Badenoch and Clark on 0113 487 0085 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org