Database Systems Analyst
The MIS team are responsible for the maintenance, development and validation of all database systems and the presentation of data to staff, students, parents and external agencies through reporting and online solutions. The Systems Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and development of third party systems and reports. The post is also responsible for user management, support and training, and for maintaining the reporting schedule for the MIS team. The role will also contribute to the development and maintenance of the colleges Business Intelligence solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To maintain, configure and manage users and permissions for all third party systems including:
- Capita UNIT-e
- Infonic Attendance Manager
- Compass ProMonitor/ProPortal
- Resource finance
- To provide 1st line fault diagnosis and user support for all third party database systems
- To maintain and develop user interfaces, queries and reports for all third party database systems
- To produce ad-hoc database queries and reports from third party database systems to support the teaching and quality function
- To design, maintain and implement a calendar of scheduled database queries and reports to support the teaching and quality function
- To perform routine system upgrades and planned maintenance for all third party database systems
- To advise on third party developments both strategic and operational that have implications on MIS database systems usage
- To produce and maintain documentation for all third party database systems, including bespoke user manuals
- To liaise with staff to identify support and development requirements, and provide training and training materials
- To assist in the selection, design and implementation of MIS systems
- To assist in the maintenance, research, analysis, development and testing of all MIS systems
- To participate in student enrolment, including out-of-normal-hours working during the enrolment period.
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Experience of relational database administration
- Working knowledge of structured query language (SQL)
- Experience in the use of reporting tools
- Good standard of education in relevant discipline
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Methodical worker with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable skills and characteristics
- Experience of database administration using SQL Server
- Experience of Transact-SQL
- Working knowledge of SSRS/BIDS/Report builder
- Experience of educational database solutions, preferably Capita Unit-e or Compass products
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.