Experienced Children's Social Worker - Adolescent and Family Resource Team
Salary from £28,818 - £41,342 (increasing to up to £42,122 October 2018) This salary is inclusive of a market supplement of between £597 to £2,340 per year
Based in Horsham, Bognor and Worthing
Post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, HCPC registration, References, Driving Licence & Health Check
Relocation support package applicable to this role.
Please do not wait to submit your application until the closing date. Once we have sufficient applicants, we may close the advert
With you, with the child…Every step of the way
We’re working together as one professional team, in an environment based on high challenge and high support, creating more positive outcomes for the children and families in our care. As a leadership team we will stand at your side, supporting you every step of the way.
The Adolescent and Family Resource (AFRS)
It has been recognised that not all families coming to the attention of Children's Social Care need care and protection due to abuse and neglect. Acute stress can be a contributing factor to family dysfunction and breakdown. Therefore the philosophy underpinning work of AFRS is to work both directly and indirectly with two distinct groups of adolescents and their families:
1. Edge of Care: Young people who due to family disruption, conflict or abuse and neglect, find themselves on the cusp of a statutory intervention and are at risk of coming into care
2. Reintegration home: Children and young people who are already looked after where there is the opportunity for reintegration back to the family home. This can also include young people who are subject to an Special Guardianship Order or Adoption Order.
AFRS works with children and young people between the age of 11-16/17 and their families, extended family and local community. AFRS works with children and young people who may be at risk of CSE, who are missing, out of education, offending or where there is violence within the home.
You will join a dedicated team of social workers and specialist family workers who are passionate about improving outcomes for adolescents and their families. You will be part of a small practice group, who work together with access to group and reflective supervision to deliver effective support to young people and their families.
All our staff are trained in Signs of Safety, attachment and developmental trauma. As a social worker you will also have access to Research in Practice and Community Care Inform and are guaranteed a minimum of 5 days per year CPD, including accredited training leading to Diploma and Masters qualifications.
What we offer We have just completed a pay review and now offer a market supplement to ensure a competitive basic salary. We know it’s not all about money though, so we also offer:
- Small teams groups of social workers, managed by a Practice Manager, supported by Advanced Practitioners
- Group supervision and peer learning, supported by the Principle Social Worker CIN (Child In Need) specialist roles within the assessment team allowing focus on these most vulnerable children.
- CPD and training, minimum of 5 days per year, with continued focus on developing the range of training for all roles and highlighting team members’ strengths and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Posts may be eligible for relocation allowance subject to conditions.
- Access to excellent learning and development provision
If you would like to talk to someone, regarding this role, please contact;
James Houghton - Group Manager James.Houghton@westsussex.gov.uk 07850 961081
To find out more about our Children’s Social Care service visit www.withyoueverystep.co.uk
To apply upload your CV and covering letter explaining what makes you a great Social Worker and the skills you can bring to the role. Where you are submitting a CV as your application, the following information is mandatory: All employment and precise dates must be included. (Any gaps must be explained if you are selected for interview).