Lecturer / Teacher - Social Science (Access to HE)
Fixed Term Contract - Maternity Cover
We have great opportunity based at Bedford campus for a Lecturer- Social Science to become a key member of our team.
As a Lecturer with us, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparation, delivery, assessment and verification of subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of current developments in the subject specialism and preparing schemes of work that fully meet awarding body requirements, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Sociology or closely related subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade A-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
25.9 hours per week (0.7 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
35 days Annual Leave
The salary range for this post is GBP 20,500 to GBP 39,042 per annum, pro rata. Qualified lecturers will achieve a minimum salary of GBP 25,500 per annum, pro rata.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 18th October 2018.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.