HR Business Partner
Milton Keynes College has a fantastic opportunity for a HR professional to join our team as HR Business Partner.
Milton Keynes College People Services Team is looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our team.
The successful candidate will lead the operational HR service to the Campus providing advice and guidance to managers on employee relations, change programmes, training and resourcing.
You will establish positive working relationships with managers to support the delivery of a proactive HR service. You will line manage a small team acting as an escalation point and ensuring processes are managed within agreed timescales, minimising the risk of legal and financial implications.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our People Services Team, who are all committed to providing a comprehensive service to support our staff in building a truly outstanding education institution.
Location: Milton Keynes, Chaffron Way Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: Circa £34,000 per annum
Closing date: Monday 15th October 2018
Interview date: TBC
As a successful candidate, you will have
- Chartered Membership of the CIPD and evidence of continued professional development;
- Experience of leading or coaching HR professionals;
- The ability to work effectively on a variety of pressured and time bound activities at the same time;
- A pragmatic, business focused and legally compliant approach;
- A supportive but challenging approach with a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness;
- A team focus, with the ability to work independently;
- Experience in managing a range of employee relations issues.
More about the rewards
- 30 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays pro rata, per annum;
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment;
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub;
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions;
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses;
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme;
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme;
- Plus many more…
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.