Trainer - Cycle Maintenance
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Cookham Wood to join the education team as a Trainer specialising in Cycle Maintenance on a permanent, full time (37hrs per week) basis.
HMYOI Cookham Wood, Rochester, is a custodial establishment for Young People, aged between the ages of 15 and 18. There are currently around 170 young people in the YOI with an operational capacity of 186. All young people work towards English and Maths qualifications, as well as ICT, PSD, and vocational pathways which include construction, creative arts, healthy living, customer service, catering and horticulture. We also offer an Advice and Guidance service which helps our young people with post release opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards.
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have experience in your vocational specialism.
- Be willing to gain a PTTLS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining these
- Be willing to commit to gain a subject specific qualification to allow you to train to Level 3 within two years.
- Have a commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies within one year
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.