As the successful candidate you will co-ordinate the process of reviewing and maintaining Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) by working closely with students, their families, curriculum colleagues and external agencies as prescribed by the SEND Code of Practice. You will work alongside the Inclusive Support Team Leader to ensure the needs of students with EHCPs are being met and they are successfully working towards their outcomes. Successful experience of working with students with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities, and having high levels of accuracy and attention to detail are key for this role. A Vocational or Academic qualification at Level 3, and Maths and English at Level 2 is essential for the role, with a Degree of equivalent Higher Level qualification being desirable.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
- Competitive salaries.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days (pro rata).
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.