Teacher of LDD
Job type- Full time permanent
Hours- 37 hours per week term time only
At Totton College, we educate, nurture and transform lives, would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives?
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of an inspirational Lead Teaching Assistant, who can line manage the college’s teaching assistants / learning support assistants.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work as a member of a team, which includes staff from across college and a range of disciplines.
- Be responsible for the day to day organisation and operation of the new provision
- Develop the curriculum for the new provision, in line with the Foundation Learning Framework.
- Liaise closely with parents and carers.
- Liaise closely with other external agencies, as appropriate
- Chair annual Progression Interviews for all students in the provision
- Have a positive attitude towards students and high expectations of them and for them,
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards behaviour management.
- Plan and deliver Schemes of Work (including lesson plans) in line with course and department
If you enjoy a challenge and seek the rewards found in transforming the lives of disadvantaged young people and adults then we want to hear from you.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.