Coffee Shop Assistant/Barista
Milton Keynes College has an exciting opportunity for a coffee shop assistant to join our hospitality team.
The Catering & Hospitality Department is looking to appoint enthusiastic, self-motivated coffee shop assistant who has a genuine desire to provide a high quality service from the college coffee shops and food outlets. You as coffee shop assistant will be responsible for the preparing, producing and serving food items to the highest quality, cash handling and may also work alongside our catering students in our busy environments.
This is a varied and interesting position that would ideally suit an individual with experience in the food industry, who is highly organised, able to motivate and be able to work with students. The post holder will be mainly based at the Chaffron way Campus but may be required to work across all 3 campuses, so will need to be able to travel between sites.
Location: Milton Keynes college (Silbury Campus)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week 52 weeks per year (The role may involve evening and weekend work)
Salary: £15,065 per annum
Closing date: Thursday 18th October 2018
Interview date: TBC
As a successful candidate, you will have
- Previous experience as a barista/Coffee shop assistant
- A good working knowledge and awareness of a broad range of catering practices and principles.
- Proven experience of working in the food industry ideally with experience of barista coffee machines and food preparation.
- Relevant vocational qualification at level 2 or above in Hospitality and food production (or relevant industry experience)
- A food hygiene certificate, or be willing to work towards it.
- The motivation to enjoy learning and helping others to learn, supporting staff and students.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and have the ability to see tasks through to a successful conclusion.
- Good organisational skills and have previous experience completing administration duties
More about the Rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free Childcare Scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community