Technician / Trainer in Motor Vehicles
We are seeking to recruit a Technician/Trainer to join our Motor Vehicle team that will be responsible for the day-to-day running of our replicated real trade workshops ensuring that there are tools and materials readily available for all learners.
Working closely with the team within our new £2.5 million new build, the successful candidate will train and provide practical support and assistance to staff and learners on Motor Vehicle programmes.
The successful candidate must be qualified to at least Level 2 in a relevant discipline, demonstrate they can be self-motivated, exceptionally well-organised with superb communication skills. Finally the successful candidate must have recent experience of working within the trade and have the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines. In return we will offer an exciting and challenging role with a very supportive network of staff.
Train and provide practical support and assistance to staff and learners on Motor Vehicle programmes within the College.
- Provide training and/or coaching in appropriate disciplines (including skills for life) to a range of learners on their selected programme or training.
- Make assessments of student competence against pre-determined criteria.
- To train students through the delivery of some underpinning knowledge.
- Train on a range of accredited programmes, as required, to deliver the learning aims of students. This will be achieved through one-to–one tutorials, classroom style workshops, observations and reviews of students in college.
- Help and assist lecturing staff in providing and undertaking practical and vocational learning activities for learners.
- Check, maintain and where possible repair equipment. This will include using basic welding skills.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organised environment in the workshop.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of files, both manual and computerised.
- Maintain stock levels and provide accurate and current inventories of tools, equipment and materials as required by your Line Manager.
- Attend meetings as required by your Line Manager.
- Participate in risk assessments of practical activities.
- Ensure the clearing away, cleaning and safe storing of appropriate equipment and materials after use.
- Supervise students undertaking practical work, visits, examinations/other assessment, etc.
- Support staff and students in the use of specialist equipment.
- Supervise the activities of learners to ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, eg COSHH.
- Undertake First Aid duties, as and when required.
- Undertake minor maintenance work as appropriate to ensure the safe and uninterrupted use of accommodation, equipment and resources. Where necessary, arranging for the repair of accommodation/equipment in accordance with approved procedures.