Specialist Registrar - Stroke
The Stroke Unit forms part of the Medicine Division and is closely linked with but separate from the geriatrics service which manages two wards for frail elders admitted through the general take, beds on the acute admissions unit and an orthogeriatrics service.
The successful candidate will receive training at Specialty Training Year 1 level or above, supervised by a qualified NHS consultant. The training plan will be tailored to suit the trainee’s educational objectives.
Successful candidates will be allocated a named educational supervisor and a named clinical supervisor for the tenure of their post who will meet regularly to agree and review short and longer term goals and personal development needs.
The role of the Trust Specialist Registrar in Stroke Medicine
- To provide in-patient and out-patient care for patients referred with suspected stroke or TIA, stroke mimics and medical outliers on the Stroke Unit.
- To contribute to the provision of a 24 hour acute stroke specialist service delivering thrombolysis and other specialist treatments. The trainee will take part in on call duties after a period of induction and close supervision has been undertaken and the supervising consultants are satisfied that they are competent and ready. The trainee will always have access to consultant support during on call periods.
- To participate in clinical and other service activities with the object of ensuring a high standard of patient care
- To contribute to the development of clinical quality and effectiveness in other clinical areas where these overlap with developments in stroke.
- To take part in the Unit’s research programme.
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.