Head of Maths and English
Milton Keynes College delivers offender-learning education in 27 prisons across the East, West and South. As the Head of Maths & English for our offender learning team across all regions, you will be responsible for improving the quality and driving an increase in success through the development and implementation of Maths, English and ESOL delivery, in particular Functional Skills within our prisons.
Working closely with the Deputy Director of Quality, you will develop improvement strategies for English and Maths to support the learners’ success.
Please note that this is a cross regional position with travel requirements.
Location: Regional - Flexible
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: £43,000 - £45,000 per annum plus travel expenses
Closing date: 23rd October 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Paid Travel expenses
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- Maths or English expertise/specialism
- A teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate)/ Assessor/Verifier Award
- Proven education experience in the areas of Functional Skills maths and English
- Evidence of providing support/training for teachers to provide high quality effective learning experiences
- Experience leading Functional Skills innovation and development that results in high student success
- Experience supporting the Self-Assessment process and a track record in the management of quality improvement with evidence of raising standards
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within FE, and Functional Skills
- Your own transport and clean driving licence
- To support the development and delivery of high quality Functional Skills maths and English, unitised and ESOL programmes, within targeted prisons across the offender learning provision
- To work with the Deputy Director: Quality to develop cross regional policies and procedures, quality assurance processes and improvement strategies for English, maths and ESOL
- To assist OLASS Education Managers and the regional teams in preparation for inspection by Ofsted and other external agencies
- To support internal quality reviews across South Central, West Midlands and East Midlands if required.
- To contribute to the Self-Assessment process and Performance Improvement Plan procedure across the regions
- To support offender learning staff with compliance with English, maths and ESOL Awarding Organisations
- To maintain professional standards and expertise by undertaking relevant professional development.
- To develop and maintain quality standards appropriate to the post.
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community