College Principal Based at Henshaws College, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£67K per annum
30 days holiday per annum plus 10 statutory days
Henshaws College is the leading specialist residential College for students with learning difficulties/ disabilities, with specialisms in visual impairment and in autism. We provide educational programmes for up to 100 students.
As part of our drive to continuously develop and expand our educational offer, we seek an exceptional College Principal to create a culture of constant improvement through inspirational leadership. The successful applicant will be committed to the highest levels of achievement in all areas of the College’s work in order to provide outstanding education and life skills for all our students.
The Principal will be responsible for day to day operations of the College and have a good grasp of the essentials of running a successful specialist college: teaching and learning; curriculum design and staff development. In addition, the Principal will be an ambassador for the college, able to build relationships with funders and other stakeholders and develop networks with external bodies to further the aims of the College.
The successful candidate will possess;
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and a teaching qualification
- A record of outstanding leadership at a senior level in a FE College, ideally a specialist College
- Significant FE teaching experience, ideally including SEN teaching
- A successful record of management that has resulted in raised quality and a sustained improvement in teaching standards in FE
- A good understanding of the CQC regulatory framework in relation to specialist colleges.
It would be advantageous to possess;
- A degree in Teaching/Education
- SEN Teaching Qualification
- Professional Qualification in Management
If you are interested in this role, please refer to the job description and person specification for a full overview of the requirements.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 24th October 2018
The post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS with Child Barring list check prior to the commencement of employment at Henshaws. Please review the job description for further details. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.