Marketing and School Liaison is a key area of the College, responsible for the active promotion of the College across many channels, including online. The Marketing Administrator is required to assist the Head of Marketing and Schools Liaison with the day-to-day administrative functions of the Marketing and Schools Liaison section, including: marketing communications, social media monitoring and update, website update, compiling newsletters, assisting with internal marketing events and promoting the College at external events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To assist with the monitoring and update of the College’s social media channels.
- To assist with the update of the Reception screens.
- To assist with Public Lectures and the associated marketing.
- To assist with Alumni development, communications and events.
- To attend and provide support at College events.
- To assist with, on a supervised basis, some website tasks.
- To assist with the coordination and organisation of the annual Education Awards, including sourcing new sponsors.
- To attend schools liaison events where required – (can involve evening work).
- To act as a liaison point between staff in partner/feeder schools and College staff.
- To arrange visits to feeder schools by College staff where required (in agreement with the Head of Marketing & Schools Liaison).
- To deliver marketing and promotional materials to partner and feeder schools as well as other external organisations.
- To assist with other Marketing, Communications and School Liaison activities, as required.
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- GCSE/A Levels/ND to a reasonable standard, to include English GCSE at Grade C or above.
- Experience of popular PC application desktop packages (Microsoft Office).
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methods.
- Ability to prioritise workload and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for Marketing and Communications.
- UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills and Characteristics
- Experience of educational environment.
- Experience of working in a marketing department.
- Experience of social media for business.
- Basic understanding of website update.
- Interest in photography and design.