Funding Administrator (Term Time)
37 hours per week, 40 weeks term time
Join Wigan & Leigh College on our journey to outstanding
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, Wigan & Leigh College is well underway on its journey to become Outstanding. With over 6,500 students and a turnover of £26m, the College is in a strong position to continue to move forward and grow.
The College has distinct ambitions to expand its choice of programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College has created a community that encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and support services; to maximise their achievements and secure progression onto further study and employment.
Reporting into the Management Accountant we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Funding Administrator to undertake the following duties:
- Processing of bursary application forms
- Collating Learner Support Fund data
- Liaising with external agencies
- Having a comprehensive understanding of the Learner Support fund
- Working with the Finance team to ensure timely payments of the bursary fund
Learn the skills needed to help your team with the organisation and processing of bursary applications.
Quickly and efficiently resolve any student queries or issues including working with other areas of the College.
Be responsible for the accurate input and analysis of data using a range of systems and spreadsheets.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSE Maths and English grade C qualifications or recognised equivalent
- Good standards of written and verbal communication
- Willingness to learn
- Able to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Self motivated and organised
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
To comply with legislation, you are required to obtain a DBS check for your role. We will be asking Protocol National Ltd/Esafeguarding Ltd to undertake this process on our behalf.
The College is only accepting direct applicants for this role, no agency contact is required.