Lecturer / Teacher - Agriculture (Livestock Specialism)
Lecturer of Agriculture
Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover
At Shuttleworth college, we currently have a great opportunity for an experienced individual from Agricultural industry to join us as a Lecturer of Agriculture with a livestock specialism, becoming a key member of our land-based studies team.
As our Agriculture Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparation, delivery and assessment of Agriculture qualifications within the land-based provision on a range of Agricultural courses, including apprenticeships
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential
- Managing students learning and providing a high-quality learning experience
- Contributing proactively to curriculum development and innovative teaching
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities
Our ideal applicants will have a minimum of three years Agriculture industry experience, with a strong knowledge of the current developments in UK Agriculture, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or Level 5 qualification in Agriculture
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or a willingness to achieve
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade A-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
37 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
35 days holiday per annum
The salary range for this post is £20,500 to £39,042 per annum. Qualified lecturers will achieve a minimum salary of £25,500 per annum.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 18th October 2018.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.