Mill Manager - International Timber
Competitive Salary - Based in Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
International Timber - part of Saint Gobain - GLOBAL Winners of TOP EMPLOYER 2016, 2017 and 2018
International Timber are looking for a Mill Manager to lead and support a culture of Environment, Health and Safety as well as driving and delivering operational excellence within the mill operations.
- Must be able to provide leadership and coaching to deliver cultural change.
- Have the ability to identify and deliver people development plans.
- Structuring and delivering business critical projects in a timely manner. Establishing project objective and scope with key stakeholders and achieving the project stage deliverables on time in full to the agreed scheduled project plan.
- Must be able to influence stakeholders so to challenge the standard working practices in a positive environment.
- Must be able to listen and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff through the business and with customers.
- Valid UK driving license.
- Manufacturing and operational qualifications such as WCM, Lean.
- Educated to degree level (preferably in an engineering discipline).
- Working Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and practice.
- Working Knowledge of quality management procedures/processes.
- Basic working knowledge of environmental legislation.
You will be required to:
- Ensure correct implementation and compliance with all company policies, procedures and legal requirements (i.e. EH&S, HR, Business Controls, Trading Standards etc.).
- Identification and delivery of continuous improvement projects which deliver operational efficiencies and productivity against OEE target.
- Identification and delivery of plant cost loss improvement projects which deliver budget improvement and operational costs.
- TPM standardisation and delivery improving plant reliability and increasing mean time between failure.
- Delivery of project identified to reduce customer complaints.
Establish and deliver people development plans to ensure a functional work force, minimising company risk and maximising employee engagement.
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.