Pharmacy Manager - Hull
Careers focused on people
Spire Hospital Hull & East Riding has an exciting opportunity for Pharmacy Manager to join our well established pharmacy team.
Spire Hull & East Riding Hospital is a private hospital based in Anlaby, Hull, East Yorkshire. We provide a range of services and procedures including orthopaedic, general surgery, weight loss surgery, eye surgery and cosmetic surgery. We are able to offer a range of cardiac investigations and treatments from exercise ECG to diagnostic angiography, while our intensive care unit allows us to care for patients undergoing coronary bypass and heart valve replacement surgery.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). All Spire Hospitals also offer free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
About the role
- To provide an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and clinical requirements.
- Be responsible for leading, motivating and effectively managing the pharmacy team by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership.
- To provide advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost effective use of medicines.
- To advise the hospital and its departments on the safe management of medicines, ensuring compliance with current legislation and professional standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and evaluate pharmaceutical care to meet patient's health and wellbeing needs.
- Assess the health and well-being of patients whose needs may be complex and changing within the context of their medicines.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the movement of medicines.
- Establish and maintain communication with various individuals and groups on complex, sensitive and occasionally contentious issues across a range of situations.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practice.
Who we are looking for
- You will have a Degree (BSc/MSc Hons)
- Current member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient requirements.
- Pharmacy experience
- Previous hospital experience desirable but not essential
- Previous management experience
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.