Medical Secretary Pathology - Edinburgh Murrayfield - Part Time
Careers focused on people
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork.
About the role
Working as part of the Pathology team you will be providing an essential medical secretarial service to Pathology department.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide an accurate, efficient and timely service to all customers.
- To understand the needs of the consultant users and their expectations of the service.
- To transcribe Pathology reports, involving audio and copy typing, to a high quality standard to support Spire's reputation in the community.
- To report any IT issues, ensuring continuity of service.
- To promote a professional environment that instils confidence in all those who use the service and encourages new business.
Who we're looking for
- Medical secretarial qualification an advantage, but not essential.
- Previous extensive medical secretarial experience in a hospital environment.
- Excellent word processing skills, using Microsoft Word.
- Tidy appearance and good communication skills at all levels are essential.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.