Lecturer in Maths
Lecturer in Maths
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,514 - £25,990 pa pro rata for part time (Unqualified)
£26,767 - £31,022 pa pro rata for part time (Qualified)
Location: Based at one of the College’s main campuses
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer in Maths to provide outstanding teaching to ensure that all our learners succeed and achieve their highest potential.
The Maths department is a new and dynamic department that is improving year on year. As a Lecturer in Maths, you would teach on a range of programmes including GCSE Maths and Functional Skills Maths.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional who will establish a culture of excellent behaviour, motivation and high learner performance through excellent standards of teaching and learning. In addition, you should be an excellent team player, flexible and open to new ideas.
As a Lecturer in Maths, you should:
- Hold a professional qualification or degree in a relevant area (level 4 or above)
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Be able to evidence relevant Continuing Professional Development
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of highly effective teaching in Maths, with particular experience of re-engaging young people
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Excellent people skills in order to support the achievement of above average results
- A track record of ability to implement key initiatives in a dynamic and changeable environment
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 24 October 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 5 November 2018
See what we have to offer and come and join our strong, experienced and supportive Maths team. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.