Social Worker - Family Support and Protection - West Sussex
Social Worker - Family Support and Protection Team - West Sussex - up to £42,122p/a
We require an experienced social worker to fill a position in the Family Support and Protection Service (FSP) based in West Sussex. As and FSP social worker, you will play a key role in child protection, child in need cases and safety planning for children. Our client undertakes meaningful, transparent and direct work with children and their families, ensuring the most positive outcomes.
The diverse service works within a positive, nurturing environment where successes are celebrated and individuals within the team are supported to grow and develop. The teams are motivated and encouraged to think dynamically and creatively.
We are looking for an emotionally intelligent, organised and resilient individual who are able to evidence the value they could add to our team. You must have excellent writing and communication skills as you will need to produce reports for conference and court purposes.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- Market forces payment (amount dependent on experience)
- Relocation packages
- Local government pension scheme
- CPD and training (minimum of 5 days per year)
- Access to excellent learning and development provision
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday package (including the ability to buy additional leave)
- Childcare vouchers
- Up to 15% discounts on rail fare and discounted season tickets on bus fares
- Discounts and offers on travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street vouchers and reloadable cards
Duties as an FSP Social Worker will include:
- Acting as a professional representative for the service
- Delivering a service and operating in accordance with the appropriate National Occupational Standards for Social Work
- Managing a caseload under regular supervision
- Preparing for, and working with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to assess their needs and circumstances
- Participating in a help desk/duty system
- Assessing needs, risks and options taking into account legal and other requirements
- Working effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies
- Reporting any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor
- Contributing to safeguarding investigations and child protection planning where appropriate
As a qualified Social Worker, you must have/be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A social work qualification
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme