Hospital Discharge Co-ordinator
We have a great opportunity for a Hospital Discharge Co-ordinator to join the Hospital Discharge Team within West London.
To contribute effectively to the work of the hospital discharge team, supporting the department to meet individual and unit performance targets, including reducing delayed transfers of care attributable to the ASC, and contribute to its continuous improvement.
The responsibilities of the Hospital Discharge Co-ordinator includes:
- Support the development and delivery of the Home First pathway, in collaboration with system partners, ensuring that home becomes the default discharge destination for patients leaving the hospital
- e the first point of contact for Home First social care referrals from hospital ward staff and Occupational Therapists ensuring that referrals are directed appropriately
- Raise awareness of the initiative across wards to generate referrals by supporting ward teams and attending board rounds/MDTs to identify patients suitable for Home First discharge
- Work with ward MDT on referrals, ensuring the correct referral process is being followed as well as feeding back to the ward MDT on outcome of referrals and discharges
- Manage expectations of individuals requesting and/ or requiring care and support, and their networks, supporting decision making in high pressured situations as required
Requirements of a Hospital Discharge Co-ordinator:
- Relevant professional qualification and evidence of significant relevant CPD
- 2 years recent experience in a relevant field
- An enhanced DBS that is of satisfactory level is essential
Salary: Up to £21.65 p/h, based on experience
If you would like to apply, to find out more about this role, or other Social Work roles, please contact Tradewind on 0203 743 6103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org