Supervising Social Worker
An established fostering provider are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their NW / Lancashire based team: With a LOW CARER CASE LOAD – (carer locations will be allocated dependent on your location) - you will join a small and supportive team, with good work / life balance.
There is the expectation to be get in to the office two days / week ideally, otherwise, there is the flexibility for some home working.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to a small carer case load
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To exercise an understanding of the customs, traditions, culture and religions when dealing with children and foster families.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service, to meet unmet needs and the demands faced by new legislation.
- To act, if required, as a member of Foster Care panel
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be a car owner / driver and be required to travel as required across the North West region.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Experience of working within a fostering team / IFA
- Experience of assessing potential foster carers would be an advantage
Salary is to £35,000 + mileage
For further information around the role and organisation please contact Harriet on 0121 323 3720 / 07740 773499 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: with a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.