Senior Supervising Social Worker : LOW CASE LOAD
An IFA with a national presence is seeking a Senior Supervising Social Worker to join their team, supporting carers across Croydon and south London.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
THIS ROLE CARRIES A LOW CASELOAD!
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- HCPC registered
- A car owner / driver
- Be prepared to travel across the region
- Excellent working knowledge of the National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations as a minimum.
- Experience of fostering services and experience of the looked after system
Salary is to £38,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Benefits include 25 leave + bank holidays + Christmas shut down + mileage
For further information around the organisation and role and a JD, please contact Harriet Connolly on 0121 323 3720 / 07740 773499 / email@example.com
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do get in touch, in confidence: