Experienced Social worker (Level 3-4) - Emergency Duty Service
Our emergency duty service (EDS) sits within care and placement services in the family and children’s directorate and is comprised of approved mental health professional social workers, experienced social workers and support workers.
EDS undertake safeguarding investigations as well as providing statutory mental health cover for all out of hours’ mental health act assessments. We recognise that better outcomes are achieved through forward thinking, integrated working and building creative responsive services.
About the role
Key aspects of the role will involve undertaking assessments and safeguarding investigations in relation to section 47, carrying out child protection visits involving the Police and health staff, where necessary, to ensure that children, young people and adults are protected from abuse/neglectful situations, and arranging for alternative safe accommodation, if required.
You will provide professional supervision and coordination of staff including domiciliary care, referral coordinators, crisis intervention service staff, EDS support and casual staff.
You will support the service manager and contribute in improving our performance and service delivery, and ensuring the needs of Wiltshire’s adults, children and families are met.
Alongside your social work qualification, you’ll need to share our dedication to improving lives and have a clear vision for how to achieve that. In return, we’ll make sure you have all the support and guidance you need to deliver.
You will need the ability to risk assess in crisis situations, intervene in a customer focused way and identify outcomes which mean that the customers safety and dignity is safeguarded.
You must be qualified to a DipSW level or equivalent and be registered as a social worker with HCPC registration.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Comprehensive career and professional development support and training programmes
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days’ annual leave per year, rising to 30 after 5 years’, and then 32 after 40 years’ service, plus public and bank holidays
- Enrolment in to the local government pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Access to Wiltshire Council’s award-winning staff discount scheme – Wiltshire Rewards
- Subsidised rail where you can save 25% on rail season tickets
- Free seminars on managing your finance and planning for retirement
- Car share scheme where you can benefit from reduced travel costs
- Salary sacrifice schemes
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6th November
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as an employee you will be expected to share this commitment.