Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) - Emergency Duty Service
Our emergency duty service (EDS) sits within care and placement services in the family and children’s directorate and is comprised of approved mental health professional social workers, experienced social workers and support workers.
EDS undertake safeguarding investigations as well as providing statutory mental health cover for all out of hours’ mental health act assessments.
About the role
You will work in conjunction with police and other partnership agencies to assess risks and needs of children, families and unaccompanied minors, ensuring measures are in place to safeguard them. You will undertake section 47 investigations and provide assistance, under section 17, for families in need.
We recognise that better outcomes are achieved through forward thinking, integrated working and building creative responsive services. Therefore, you will support the service manager and contribute in improving our performance and service delivery, and ensuring the needs of Wiltshire’s adults, children and families are met.
Alongside your social work and mental health professional qualification, you’ll need to share our dedication to improving lives and have a clear vision for how to achieve that. In return, we’ll make sure you have all the support and guidance you need to deliver.
We are seeking to recruit experienced mental health professionals, in which you will need extensive experience of working in a mental health setting, with excellent understanding of mental health issues, the Care Act, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Comprehensive career and professional development support and training programmes
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days’ annual leave per year, rising to 30 after 5 years’, and then 32 after 40 years’ service, plus public and bank holidays
- Enrolment in to the local government pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Access to Wiltshire Council’s award-winning staff discount scheme – Wiltshire Rewards
- Subsidised rail where you can save 25% on rail season tickets
- Free seminars on managing your finance and planning for retirement
- Car share scheme where you can benefit from reduced travel costs
- Salary sacrifice schemes
In this important role, you’ll play a key part in the delivery of our emergency duty service, helping us provide out of hours’ services across the county.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6th November 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as an employee you will be expected to share this commitment.