Our client is AMAZING! They exist to make commuting within cities a joy not a chore, and with our no compromise approach to design, they produce the most thoughtfully engineered electric bikes on the planet.
They are looking for a PR Manager to help tell their story and encourage more people to see the benefits of owning the best electric, bicycle. How it can change their lives and help us all to start living a more healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
With electric bicycles, cars, and urban transport challenges high on the public’s radar, this is an exciting role with a topical message and product. This is your chance to work with a great team and help them to build a fantastic brand.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
You’ll be working with media and agencies in the UK, Europe, and the US and will be responsible for developing and implementing the PR and media strategy, building our brand reputation and ensuring effective and targeted media coverage.
As PR Manager you will create content for media releases as well as social media, forge and nurture relationships with journalists and key influencers as well as helping us to respond to any ‘crisis’ situations.
You’ll be a key person in our small team of 15 people and will represent the brand in parallel with the sales team and founder. Working with the Marketing Director, digital ad agency, and sales team, you’ll support paid advertising and local dealer initiatives with PR content and creative strategies.
Your writing skills will be to a very high standard as you will be ghost writing, writing and approving media releases and other press materials including social media posts, blogs or tweets. You’ll be comfortable with cold calling and connecting with media opportunities in order to build up the company’s PR database, and you’ll understand how to deliver content effectively to journalists.
You’ll have high energy levels and a natural ability for storytelling. Regardless of your experience, you’ll enjoy talking to people, you’re confident and can persuade and enthuse people by phone or in person.
You enjoy cycling and might own a bicycle or commute by bicycle, a motorcycle, or a scooter. You get the shift happening with electric transport and personal sustainable mobility solutions.
- Be the first point of contact for media inquiries.
- Brief staff how to communicate with the media.
- Directly handle the PR response to ‘crisis’ situations.
- Support and assist in promotional events such as trade shows.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling copy.
- Excellent inter-personal skills for developing media relationships.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Organisational skills for developing PR strategies
- Education to degree level or equivalent ideally in marketing, advertising or communications or a PR postgraduate qualification.
- Personal qualities and experience will be considered as most important.
- Experience in PR – in-house or agency.
- Proven track record developing and delivering communication strategies.
- Experience working closely with journalists and responding to media requests.
Please send your CV, together with a cover letter stating which job you are applying for, by completing the application form below.