We need dedicated Support Workers to work with adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. This is also a great opportunity for carers (HCAs) looking to work in a different setting. Although experience is desirable we will fully train you to ensure you have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability, mental health needs or behaviours that may challenge.
Position: Support Worker
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk (Commutable from Stowmarket, Felixstowe, Colchester, Framlingham and surrounding areas)
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week
Salary: £8.10 per hour
Benefits: As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows: - 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)* - Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership - Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%) - Childcare vouchers - Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal) - Occupational Health support - Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual - Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) - Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff.
Closing date for applications: 17th November, 2018
About the role:
The Support Worker will support people with learning disabilities with all aspects of their daily lives, ensuring that they have maximum opportunities and choice for developing new skills and leading fulfilling, varied, are valued and live socially inclusive lifestyles where their rights, dignity and safety is protected.
Essential Skills / Experience
- UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to work towards Qualifications & Credit Framework Diploma (QCF) or Level 2 Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SQV) and complete all sector training
- Ability to support others to carry out domestic tasks.
- Basic numeracy, literacy and admin skills. Good listening skills and communicates effectively (Inc. written)
- Available to work variable shifts (Inc. nights or sleep-ins where appropriate) and flexible hours (as per rota, Inc. weekends, bank holidays)
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Qualifications and Credit Framework Diploma (QCF) or equivalent
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety
- Previous experience in providing support for others, including personal care
- Previous experience as a Support Worker or similar sector experience
- Experience of lone working
- Experience in administering medication
Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) Check and eligibility to work in the UK.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.