Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
Amref Health Africa is Africa’s leading health charity. We work with women and girls to secure the right to health and break the cycle of poverty. Headquartered in Nairobi, we are a truly African organisation, partnering with communities across the continent to create lasting change.
Position: Senior Designer
Location: London N1
Job type: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract January to April 19
Salary: £32,000 to £34,000 pro-rata (two days a week), four-month contract (January to April 2019) with the possibility of renewal
Closing date: Monday 12th November 2018
Interviews will take place on the: 19th and 20th November 2018
This is an exciting time to join the Communications team at Amref Health Africa UK. With a high-profile communications and fundraising campaign lined up for 2019, we’re poised to expand our reach, amplify our voice, and bring the stories of the people we work with - fighting every day to secure the right to health for their communities - to a range of new audiences, both on- and off-line.
About the role:
This role is ideal for an experienced designer looking for a part-time, time-bound project with clear outcomes - and one which could transform an organisation’s communications capacity. We are looking for a professional designer with technical skills and creative flair, who wants to use their expertise to further a fantastic charitable cause. The Senior Designer will work closely with the Communications Manager but will be wholly responsible for the creative assets, meaning the successful candidate can really make the project their own.
The Senior Designer will support the Communications Manager to consolidate current marketing materials and develop new assets. The Senior Designer will play a key role in equipping us to communicate with Amref UK’s different audiences, with a view to raising our profile and mobilising support for our work.
- Professional user of the Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Extensive experience of working with clients (including small clients) to produce a comprehensive, consistent package of communications and marketing tools based on existing brand guidelines
- Experience of refreshing a brand and / or adapting it to the web
- Experience of championing a brand across an organisation, and of demystifying brand guidelines for Communications and non-Communications staff alike
- Significant experience of producing artwork for adverts to be published in print and online, to a range of technical specifications
- Significant experience of managing print and production processes; confident in liaising with external suppliers and partners (e.g. printers, publications awaiting artwork)
- An understanding of the principles of inclusive design (e.g. for readers with visual impairments)
- Experience of website management
- A sound understanding of the principles of SEO, and the ability to apply them (particularly relating to imagery)
- Experience of social media in a professional context: an understanding of what type of content works best on which platforms; an ability to adapt content (e.g. images and graphics) to required formats / technical specifications
- Experience of working for a charity or non-profit organisation
Please submit a portfolio of your work in PDF form, or a link to a website where we can see examples of your work. Applications submitted without this supporting information will not be considered.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Graphic Designer, Graphic Designer, Photoshop, Illustrator, Digital Designer, In-Design, Website Designer, Graphic Design, Media Designer, Creative Artworker, In Design, Adobe, Photo Editing, Artworker, Creative Designer, Visual Communication, etc.