Application and Support Analyst
- Provide first and second line support on the service desk on a rota basis.
- Provide first and second line support for line of business applications such as Dynamics 365, Housing Management System (Orchard), Purchase Order System (Proactis), Finance systems (SUN Accounts, Q&A), Skype for Business, Citrix, Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Windows 10
- Provide support for IT hardware assets such as Desktops, Laptops, tablets, Thin Clients/Terminals, Mobiles, Multifunction Devices (Printers), Interactive Screens
· Administer the Active Directory accounts, including set up new users and close leaver’s accounts.
- Visiting our satellite offices to ensure that the all IT equipment is being maintained and upgraded in line with head office
- Support on the configuration and business as usual maintenance of applications and processes
· Mentor the Service Desk first line support, IT Apprentice
- Cover the IT Service Desk and provide first and second line technical support to customers by phone, online and face-to-face. With an aim to resolve support requests at the first point of contact
- Configure, develop and test application software to ensure business requirements, security and business continuity requirements are met.
- Support Microsoft Dynamics 365 including workflow, forms and entities and stay abreast of new functionality as released.
- Support the process of application upgrades, enhancements and patches as well as manage user acceptance testing and ensure appropriate documentation is produced to minimise risk in accordance with Origin’s Change Management and Project Management Frameworks.
- Manage day-to-day support queries ensuring helpdesk support targets and KPI’s are met, and that service levels and user expectations are achieved on all applications within Origin.
- Escalate calls to third party suppliers as necessary and track progress until completion.
- Train staff in systems and business process and provide user documentation so that they can work effectively.
- Ensure that system security meets company and legal requirements, including physical security, server patching, authentication, system access, backups, virus checking and remote access.
- Liaise with external organisations as required, managing and maintaining good working relationships whilst ensuring customer’s needs are met.
- Carry out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested by Senior IT Staff.
- Undertake systems administration activities during out of hours’ maintenance windows.
- Contribute to effective team working and provide appropriate cover for colleagues as required
- Provide a comprehensive and proactive customer focused service
- Support your own personal development by attending training events as required.
- Comply with the Group’s health and safety policies.
- Comply with the Group’s Code of Conduct by behaving in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing diversity and upholding the Group’s equal opportunities policy at all times
- Comply with IT operational policies and procedures.
- ITIL foundation or higher (desirable)
- Knowledge of business analysis and application support
- Knowledge of IT and its application to business
- Knowledge of IT legislation including software licensing, Computer Misuse Act, RIP Act, Data Protection Act
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Education to A level standard
- Proven knowledge of application support
- Understanding of workflow processing
- Understanding of the business of a medium sized Housing Association or Public Sector body
- Drivers licence and willing to drive to other offices across Hertfordshire, Essex and London.
- Experience in identifying business requirements, configuring, administering and implementing IT systems, including training users and creating user documentation
- 1 or more years’ Experience working in an IT team and using a service desk
- 1 or more years’ experience administering a Housing Management system and/or Microsoft Dynamics product family
- Experience of working in a project team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working under pressure and on own initiative
- Ability to produce system documentation, exercise detailed change control and keep accurate records
- SQL and Database administration skills
- Systems configuration
· Ability to use own initiative and judgement
· Planning and organising
Specific IT Experience of the following:
· MS Dynamics CRM/365 (desirable)
· MS Office/Office 365
· Administering user accounts
· Orchard Housing application or similar Integrated Housing System
· Sun Accounts or similar Finance system
- CITRIX XenApp 6.5 and above
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory
- Business Objects or similar report writer
- Ability and desire to learn a wide range of IT skills and applications quickly.
- Ability to build a knowledge of the Group’s business processes quickly.
- Methodical approach, eye for accuracy and detail.
- Able to produce high quality reports, policies, manuals, procedures.
- Ability to work within a team and alone.
- Ability to analyse and see problems through to their conclusion.
- Need to be determined, helpful, self-reliant, cheerful, tactful, proactive and confident.
- Approachable, with good communication skills at all levels.
- Identifies and develops ways of improving the business via IT and is able to manage change implementation tactfully.
- Must be willing to travel to other sites.
- Ability to assess and manage risk.
- Able to organise self and others to meet key deadlines and objectives.
- Must be willing to work outside normal hours, as per Origin’s policy.