Nursing Assistant - Hospice at Home - based from home and flex hours
Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire community service, including the Vale of the White Horse and Sue Ryder Nettlebed Hospice, Henley on Thames.
Our Nursing Assistants can be based from home
Are you a dedicated Care/Nursing Assistant looking for a move into something new? If so join Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire team and enable us to provide more care to more people in the place that they choose at the end of their life.
You will receive an excellent personalised training programme making this a wonderful opportunity to develop your skills as a Nursing Assistant in the specialist field of palliative care.
You can work on a full time or part time basis, term time only. Shifts include days 8am - 4pm, 4pm - 8pm, nights and weekends. We aim to be flexible and are happy to discuss your needs and requirements.
As we expand our service into the South Oxfordshire community, we are looking for enthusiastic Nursing Assistants to work alongside Registered Nurses to help ensure that our patients and their families experience the best possible care in their own homes. We also have opportunities to work as a Nursing Assistant on our in-patient unit based at our Nettlebed Hospice in Henley on Thames.
*Competitive employee benefits*
• £15,269 - £17,648 (DOE) plus £1,000 bonus paid monthly
• £7.83ph - £9.05ph (DOE) plus £1,000 bonus paid monthly
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights, weekends and public holidays
• Mileage allowance 45p pence per mile
• Paid qualifications
• Continuation of NHS pension
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Cash referral bonus scheme
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
As one of our amazing Nursing Assistants you will:
• Implement an agreed care plan to help individuals to be cared for and remain at home safely and independently
• Communicate with individuals and their families
• Undertake simple dressings as required, according to the care plan
• Assist individuals with administration of their medication according to policy guidelines
• Carry out any essential domestic duties as agreed in the care plan
• Encourage/support mobility and abide by moving and handling guidelines
• Assist with nutritional needs, as per the nutritional assessment
• Be able to provide observation of temperature and urinalysis. Collection and deliver of specimens for pathological testing
• Monitor syringe drivers, reporting any concerns
• Work to ensure the standard of infection prevention and control are followed at all times
To join us as a Nursing Assistant you will ideally have an NVQ level 2 or be willing to work towards one. A full UK driving license with insurance cover that allows business use is also required.
Other organisations may call this role Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Trainee Care Worker, Health & Social Care Worker, Social Care Worker, or Carer.
Employment subject to a satisfactory DBS check.