SEN LSA - South East - ASAP
Do you have experience with personal care?Are you understanding of others needs and adaptable to those needs?Are you creative and good with communication?
If you answered yes to these questions then this could be your perfect opportunity.
Academics Ltd are supporting an SEN school in the South East area with their search for SEN teaching assistant to start as soon as possible. Within this role you will be working with primary aged pupils and will be expected to communicate on different levels. You will be expected to handle children with additional needs; sensory impairments; complex medical conditions; learning difficulties and communication difficulties, with the upmost care and empathy. This school requires some personal care due to the nature of the disabilities the children have and therefore this would be a crucial part to the day.
* Supporting children's needs and queries
* Able to provide personal care e.g toileting and feeding
* Adhering to safeguarding guidelines and school policies
* Supporting children through their day to day routine
* Working collaboratively with professionals to enhance quality of teaching
* Understanding of individual needs and being adaptable to deal with them
* Mentoring and other means of support be it one to one or in small groups
* 1 years experience working with SEN children
* Available fulltime
* Ability to travel to Hounslow
* Have a DBS on the update system or willing to pay for one.
Working with Special Educational Needs children is a rewarding role for a person with a caring and compassionate attitude. If you feel this role is for you, please apply.