Teacher Educator/ Advanced Practitioner
Teaching qualification (Cert Ed/PGCE/DTLLS)
- To act as mentor and coach to teaching staff across the curriculum, including new staff and teachers undertaking teaching qualifications and monitor completion and quality of required teaching and course documents.
- To encourage and promote a culture of continuous improvement and development through regular evaluation and review across the curriculum and College including student voice.
- To work with the Curriculum Director, Teaching Learning and Assessment, Professional Development Administrator and Curriculum Managers to identify staff development needs and develop systematic approaches to addressing needs and improving quality.
- To deliver teaching on the Teacher Training courses and contribute to staff development programmes
- To act as an Accredited Principal Subject Area, Lead Internal Verifier for BTEC programmes where appropriate
- Support the Curriculum Managers with quality improvement and assurance of the provision in accordance with the College’s quality systems and cycle
- To work with staff to develop and produce effective curriculum planning and monitor the completion and quality of plans across all programmes
- To undertake learning observations and provide feedback, recommendations, coaching and follow up to support others to continuously improve performance in teaching, learning and assessment
- To research, develop, implement and evaluate innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment, learning resources including e-learning and ILT.
- To contribute to the Good Practice Transfer Strategy through sharing and development of best practice.
- To assess and evaluate the impact of own performance and good practice transfer against quality improvement standards and measurements.
- To maintain accurate and timely records
- To undertake the full range of duties of a lecturer as detailed below.