Lead Specialist Nurse Practitioner Stoma Care Services
Main area Stoma CareGrade NHS AfC: Band 7Contract PermanentHours Full time, 37.5 hours per weekJob ref 234-18-S1796 Site Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalTown NorwichSalary £33,222 - £43,041 per annumClosing 11/11/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to lead the stoma care team. We are looking for a nurse with significant stoma care experience to lead our team of nurse specialists. We would expect the successful candidate to be innovative and flexible with strong patient advocacy skills and management experience.
The successful candidate will:
- provide clinical leadership and expertise in stoma care services by providing information, support, advice and specialist knowledge to patients, their families and carers, and to act as a resource to the multi-professional team.
- participate in the co-ordination of patient care to ensure continuity throughout the patient’s care pathway.
- be pivotal in review and development of the service, and to reflect the needs of the patient group
- liaise closely with the health care teams of in-patient wards, outpatient department and primary care, including consultant surgeons and GP’s.
- demonstrate wide and in-depth experience of all aspects of the speciality, exercising clinical leadership and effective education within their sphere of practice.
- monitor and improve standards of care through clinical audit, leading the development of practice through research.
- support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Interview date: 20th November 2018
Open for applications: 2nd November 2018
Close for applications: 11th November 2018
The Job Description, which includes a Person Specification, provides a full outline of responsibilities and requirements for this role. Please use your supporting statement to demonstrate how you meet the person specification.
If this post involves working with children or adults the application form will ask for information regarding previous convictions as you will be required to undertake a Criminal Record and Barring Check known as a DBS check.
If you are a new employee or registering with the Staff Bank you will need to meet the cost of this unless your salary is less than point 9 of Afc
Should you be appointed to the post we will need to establish any previous NHS service via the ESR IAT and we will accept the submission of your application as your agreement to this.
Tier 2 Sponsorship – (not apprenticeships)
We are pleased to consider applicants who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK but it is unlikely that we would be able to appoint if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available.
You will need to have current UK professional registration where this is a requirement of the role.
Following candidate feedback and to reduce our dependency on paper, all our communication with you regarding your application will be by email so could you please check your e-mails (and Spam) regularly.
We value equality in our team and recruit from all sections of the community. We recognise there is a wealth of talent among people who have a disability and if you meet the minimum criteria detailed in the person specification and have a disability, you may wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme by indicating this in the relevant section on your application.
We look forward to receiving your application and if you do not hear within the next four weeks this will usually mean that you have not been short-listed. However, if you wish to confirm this please contact the person indicated on the advert.
Wish you were here..?
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Website
Jobs at NNUH
Video - Working at NNUH as a Registered Nurse
Video - Working at NNUH as a Nursing Assistant
Information about Norfolk
Schools in Norfolk
Childcare in Norfolk
Advice for Overseas Candidates
Making Successful Applications
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.