Sessional Lecturer - Film
Sessional hours, approx. 3 hours per week, Term Time Only, Fixed Term until July 2019
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated sessional lecturer in Film to teach on our highly popular and successful UAL awarding body Level 2 Diploma course in Creative Media Production & Technology (Film) .
Depending on the individual candidate's skill set, there may be opportunity for the appointed candidate to teach upon a range of Film/Media courses within the department.
Greater Brighton MET College is a University of the Arts awarding body centre delivering the full suite of creative qualifications which support the departmental vision for learners to develop independence of practice through practical and reflective study.
Our film courses focus on the development of technical skills, research skills, idea generation, visual communication, critical thinking, evaluative & reflective skills, design concepts and the creative use of technology.
Students are introduced to software such as; Premier pro, Adobe Audition and After effects.
Students cover a wide range of specialist Filmmaking skills including:
- Editing (Including colouring & FX)
- Sound design/recording
- Production planning
- Production research
- Contextual research
Essential experience relevant to the role:-
- High level of professional knowledge and experience of teaching Filmmaking demonstrating the ability to teach the practical and theoretical Filmmaking inputs as listed above
- Assessment experience in Filmmaking
- Experience of setting, achieving and reviewing targets for learners
Desirable experience relevant to the role:-
- Experience and knowledge of the UAL Level 3 Creative Media (Film) course specifications
- Experience of working with young people and adults in a Further Education environment
- Experience of supporting students progression onto Filmmaking courses at Higher Education and/or employment
Interviews will be held 3rd December 2018