Sales Office Assistant
Sales Office Assistant – Graham: The Plumbers' Merchant
Competitive Salary - Based in Ipswich, Suffolk
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sales Office Assistant to join our Grahams Ipswich branch and provide support to the sales function. In particular you will be maximising our business with contractors and liaising closely with the major manufacturers. The ability to communicate at all levels is important.
General office duties include administration, booking in materials, checking invoices and dealing with account payments. Support the management of the internal sales team, interface with customers and suppliers and assist the external sales team to meet their targets within the product market.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Sales Office Assistant you will:
- Provide support to the sales function: you will be looking for opportunities to cross sell, provide add ons and upsell where possible.
- General office duties, including administration, booking in materials, checking invoices and dealing with account payments.
- Dealing with customers on the telephone and face to face: you will advise customers with any queries they may have in relation to our products and services.
- Processing orders.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls from our customers looking to make and place orders.
- Interface with customers and suppliers.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Sales Office Assistant, it is important that you:
- Experience within the trade would be an advantage, although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- You will enjoy working as a part of a team.
- You'll also have experience of meeting Training and Competence requirements and be fully accustomed to using office and sales support systems.
- But most of all, you will share our 100% dedication to delivering excellent customer care.
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, we are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK.
Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (Increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.