Apprentice Administrator in London W5
We are one of the UK’s leading housing associations – a member of the G15 group, with over 21,000 homes in London and the South East.
We’re a 2018 Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for. We invest a lot of time and resources in our people because we know it’s our people who will drive our success.
If you’d like to join us and help make a real difference, find out more about working at Catalyst.
We want someone who is...Hobbyist, someone that self teaches and builds their understanding in their chosen subject Thrives in a hands on environment Able to work well as part of a team as well as on their own Can give examples of their strengths and knowledge Self-starter Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
To Provide a high level of administrative support and cover for the Office Manager/PA and cover for the Asset Management administrators in a wide range of duties ensuring effective administration of the property management service.
To provide assistance and cover for the Office Manager/PA as required; dealing with office management tasks to include:
• Organising meetings, and taking meeting minutes.
• Assist with organising team events and staff away days
• Raising invoice payments on company purchasing system (Webuy).
• Following up on business communication, orders and invoicing
• Using spreadsheets to track expenses and company spending
• Keep well organised files and records of business activity and staff records
• Booking transport and accommodation
• Using full range of Microsoft Office applications to prepare letters, presentations and reports
• Preparing documents by printing copying, and binding
To provide cover for absences and peaks in workload as directed within the asset management team to as required, to include:
• Responding to queries from staff, contractors and residents.
• Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries
• Data Processing using Asset Management Property systems (Promaster and Orchard) Systems
• Responsible for health & safety issues within the responsibility of the post [e.g. maintaining hazards databases such as asbestos register, legionella testing, fire safety) full compliance training will be given.
• Effective communicator and a good team player.
• Must be able to create and maintain accurate record systems
• Ability to type
• Ability to assess, prioritise and organize workload effectively
• Ability to contribute towards a positive work environment.
• Good administrator and communicator
• Must be a flexible and co-operative team player.
• Broad experience of Microsoft and information management systems.
• Positive can do attitude
• Eagerness to learn
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£13,500 per annum
Working within a team where you will have the opportunity to become a permanent member of staff on successfully completing.
You will also be given support to progress to a higher apprenticeship is you wish.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.