Kitchen Porter - Steward
With the glamorous shopping of Knightsbridge and leafy Hyde Park on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most fashionable address. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with two award-winning restaurants, DINNER by Heston Blumenthal and Bar Boulud, an urban spa, 17-metre swimming pool, The Rosebery Afternoon Tea salon and a bustling bar, it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape in the capital.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is part of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, award-winning owner and operator of 41 hotels in Asia, The Americas, Europe and North Africa.
Our Mission is to completely delight and satisfy our guests. We are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best.
We currently have job opportunity for a Kitchen Porter/Steward (Canteen).
- To ensure that all Canteen areas and kitchen equipment are maintained according to standards, enhancing a feeling of quality and confidence for our guests
- To ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and reflect a professional image for our guests
- To perform all duties relating to the cleaning of Canteen areas and kitchen according to the relevant food and hygiene standards and COSHH regulations
- To report prior to the end of the shift to the Canteen supervisor for a final check-off of completed duties
- To count the breakage and provide related reports to the supervisor
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your manager and supervisor
- Experience in similar 5* star or luxury hotel environment.
- Good level of English.
- Ability to stand for up to 8-12 hours a day.
- Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
Please note this is a full time permanent position
We provide a comprehensive Benefits Package which includes : meals whilst on duty, discounts in Rooms and F&B Outlets, healthcare provisions, company pension scheme, 28 paid holidays including bank & public holidays, colleague recognition and reward programmes, exciting range of learning and development programmes, opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LA, United KingdomSee description