Senior Night Nurse
Join us as a full time Senior Night Nurse (RGN / RMN) at Belmore Lodge care home in Lymington and we'll welcome you with £500* (terms apply)
£20.73 p/h (Week Nights), £23.53 p/h (Weekend Nights) including enhancement
36 or 42 hours p/w, nights, including alternate weekends
Contracts are offered as 36 or 42 hours per week (minimum) split over three or four nights (12 hour shifts). Overtime opportunities. The rota will include alternate weekends.
We would love to tell you more, call our recruitment line 01425 460955
About the job
As the Senior Nurse, your role will be key in leading the nursing and care teams within the home supported by the Clinical Lead.
You’ll ensure effective, individual nursing care is delivered at all times, maintaining the highest standards and providing our residents with independence and choice. You’ll proactively engage in the development of Nurses and Health Care Assistants, improving the skills and confidence of the team to ensure objectives are achieved to meet both company standards and those of our regulator.
As a Nurse with impressive clinical skills you will need to demonstrate strong clinical capability within the nursing team, taking responsibility for a variety of complex clinical conditions and decisions. You will promote best practice in matters of wound management, nutrition, tissue viability, catheterisation, venepuncture, peg feeds, syringe drivers, end of life care and other acute clinical interventions.
Other duties will include carrying out clinical audits, assessing and updating individual care plans and covering the role of Clinical Lead for the home in their absence.
You must be a Registered General Nurse with a current NMC PIN. You’ll demonstrate extensive knowledge in acute clinical practice and will bring a wealth of experience in adult nursing to the role. We are looking for an effective leader of people with excellent rapport building and communication skills who can role model our values and ‘lead from the front’. A professional, flexible approach is essential.
About our benefits
- we offer truly competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements
- we pay for annual professional subscriptions, including NMC registrations
- support with studies and diploma qualifications (depending on job role)
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- we annually review salaries and hourly pay rates
- paid breaks
- additional hours / overtime opportunities
- hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you
*Welcome bonus of £500 (£250 payable upon successful completion of probation, £250 payable after one years service) - offer available to new starters for a limited time period only.
More about us
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 20 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex. Our services include residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care. We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person- centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Our aims are simple: to be recognised as both the care home ‘provider of choice’ and ‘employer of choice.’
More contact info
Call the recruitment team on 01425 460955