The London General Practice was founded by Dr Paul Ettlinger, one of London’s most respected and well established private doctors. The Practice is based in the Harley Street area of London, providing UK-based and international patients with a comprehensive range of excellent private healthcare.
We pride ourselves on the flexible, personal care we provide to our patients, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Practice consults for many private families, leading insurers, the entertainment industry, numerous multinational companies and prestigious London hotels.
Position: Medical PA
Location: Harley Street, London
Job Type: Full Time or Part Time (will consider various working patterns)
About the role:
As a Medical PA you will general provide support to GPs working in the practice. Your job means you will provide administrative support and often be the first point of contact for patients. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the administrative workload for your doctor (s) to ensure that patients receive a high quality and timely follow up. As part of a team you will also be required to provide support to other GPs working in the practice from time to time.
- Typing of letters and reports for GPs
- Assisting colleagues with typing of letters and reports
- Managing the computerised recall systems of the practice
- Liaising with office staff and PA’s in correspondence management.
- Meeting and greeting patients and visitors to the practice in a friendly and courteous manner
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner
- Make referral appointments for patients as required
- Manage diary lists as appropriate
- Register new patients
- Maintaining a log of pending results and following these up to ensure timely reporting to the patient
- Filing of medical notes, letters, tests results and other correspondence
- Taking card payments from patients at the end of their consultation
- Organising, scanning and distributing all mail promptly throughout the day, ensuring that this is correctly entered in to the patient record
- Significant experience a medical PA role is essential
- Previous experience in a private healthcare or general practice is essential
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong IT skills (including MS Office)
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Very high attention to detail
You may have experience of the following: Medical Secretary, Administrator, Senior Secretary, Personal Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Administrator, Healthcare, AMSPAR, Receptionist, Diary Management, Medical PA, etc.