Bookkeeper & Order Processor - offering flexibility
We can be flexible and nimble
We manufacture and supply eco-friendly promotional products to the marketing promotions industry. We are an award winning and forward-thinking company that has big ambitions, delivering over 2.5m products a year. Our goal is to become the number one supplier of eco-friendly products in the UK.
Key Role Purpose
The main focus of the role is bookkeeping and order processing. Experience in both is a must. There is growth and opportunity within sales and marketing, with the former being rewarded with commission. There will also be a certain aspect of office management attached to the role.
The candidate must be comfortable with Xero as well as dealing with clients and suppliers on processing orders. Good computer skills is a necessity as is a great telephone manner and positive attitude. We welcome 'out the box' thinkers and skills to match.
Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch but as with any small company, we can be flexible and nimble. The office location is part factory and office, based on the residential premises (but not attached). It is a gated drive and a 10 minute walk from the local village. An annual bonus will be awarded based on company performance.
Provide a variety of bookkeeping and accounting functions with support from Company Accountant (this does not include the company’s TAX, VAT Return or payroll). Must be comfortable using Xero, the online accounting software.
- Accounts Receivable
- Raise all client invoices including credit checks, if necessary
- Follow up with clients on a weekly basis for overdue invoices
- Maintain weekly reconciliation and provide monthly reports on revenue, profitability etc
- Accounts Payable
- Raise all supplier invoices and agree terms, if necessary
- Provide a monthly report for payment run including job profit sheets to match against invoices
Sales & Marketing Support
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the sales order process to ensure the implementation of products to new and existing customers. Supporting the New Business Manager & liaising with Production Manager
- Sales Support
- Providing quotes, tracking follow ups and progress through to sale
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers
- Actively seek out new opportunities with a sales related bonus on offer
- Customer Service Management
- Writing job tickets, placing orders with suppliers and liaising with customer concerning job details and artwork approvals
- Monitoring shipments including booking pick ups, writing address labels and delivery notes
- Keeping track of job progress (via Production Tracker), liaising with Production Manager, as well as customer care and after sales service
- Regularly send customer samples and follow up
- Support at trade shows and help research
- Encourage and promote new marketing initiatives to reach customers
- CRM Administrator
- Adding and maintaining records, following up tasks
- Running reports
- Tracking enquiries and prospects
Support the General Manager in the day-to-day operation of the company’s office, maintaining databases, mailing, ordering supplies, phone reception, filing and performing a variety of administrative office tasks.
- Office maintenance
- Perform receptionist role, including answering the phone and accepting deliveries
- Personal assistance to Directors including managing expenses, travel, booking appointments and general tasks
- Office policies and procedures
- Responsible for developing, implementing and updating
- General administration
- Stationary fulfilment, filing and ordering office related equipment
Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel. Experience in Xero and CRM package including good IT skills.
- Systems and process orientated, with good attention to detail
- Comfortable with standard CRM and quote systems
- Professional and confident manner dealing in person or on the phone with customers and prospects
- Results orientated and happy to accept responsibility
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Decent level of mathematical ability for quote calculation is essential
- A confident telephone manner with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Strong communication skills - spoken, written and electronic
- Attention to detail is essential along with a very organised approach
- Up to 10% based on company performance
- Plus sales related bonus (c. 5% of profit).
- 20 days per annum excluding bank holidays